Nov 07, 2007
- Fixed rss game feed
- Fixed a bug that prevented dates in the format 28.3.2007 being entered, even when it's your selected date preference. This effected have lists as well as other places dates are entered.
- Changed the way credit titles are stored in the database, now each game and platform has it's own title list. Previously titles were shared between all platforms of the same game. This should help simplify the entering and approving of credits.
Oct 30, 2007
- Fixed a bug that allowed topics to be added to unapproved games.
- Fixed some minor bugs with the game browser and improved the functionality of the navigation bar.
Oct 29, 2007
- Improved handling of image upload errors and improved support for uploading Mac OS X archives. This effects any part of the system here zip and/or images uploads accepted.
Oct 27, 2007
- fixed some problems with the sumbission/approval process for games/ad blurbs and company corrections
Oct 24, 2007
- added Hot Seat as a Multiplayer Option
- added Metal DVD case as a new package type
- added Apple IIgs as a platform
- fixed problem with adding polls
Oct 23, 2007
- fixed bug preventing new have/wants list from being added
- fixed problem that sometimes prevented adding credits
Oct 16, 2007
- New Amiga tech specs: PSX joypad, Warp3D, AHI and Paula
Aug 02, 2007
- Company names can now have a time frame associated with them. This information should no longer be put in the name description
- When adding new release information, more information about the comapny name is displayed to help you select the correct name.
- The best games and worst games list has been updated with new features and better searching. You can no look at both lists either by MobyRank or MobyScore.
- The credits wizard has been improved to better match names, especially names with accents in them.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the correct screenshot wasn't being displayed on the home page.
Jul 21, 2007
- Approval notifications are automatically removed after 6 months. Previously they stayed around until manually deleted.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a thread would be automatically watched, even if you checked no
- Adult oriented games are no longer displayed on the home page
Jun 28, 2007
- added a submit correction link to the developer and company contribution pages
- fixed a problem where email addresses were not being properly displayed on user pages
- fixed a problem where incorrect years were sometimes displayed on the attribute pages
- made some minor fixes to the cover art contribution process
- fixed problems with the spell checker (it wasn't working in new game wizard and in the forums)
- Added german and french spell checking to MobyRank submissions. Other non english language submissions are no longer are checked for spelling since they would just highlight every word and suggest an incorrect english word.
- Fixed problem that prevented new MobyRank sources from being added.
Jun 12, 2007
- fixed bug with credits wizard where real-time searching of developer names would sometimes fail
Jun 11, 2007
- fixed a bug on the New Games page with sorting by year
- fixed bug with game browser that prevented games without developers and publishers from showing up
Jun 09, 2007
- PlayStation Network game support added as a tech spec, submit the additional platform to the version that is being ported
Jun 08, 2007
- Fixed a bug with the game browser where an incorrect year would sometimes be displayed.
- A game group browser has been added to MobyGames.
- The MobyGames home page has gone through a long overdue overhaul. The list of platforms, genres and years have been removed and replaced by a browse/search box on top right of the page. We have also expanded the hot off the press section to give more details information about new content in the database.
- Some minor adjustments have been made to how MobyRanks are calculated. When submitting MobyRanks, you will no longer be able to enter the minimium score for numeric scores. Scores that were 9 out of 10 will no longer display as 89
- The text input where you write comments to the approver when submitting new items has been enlarged.
- A reverse scoring system has been added to MobyRank. Use this system when the lowest score (eg. 1 out of 6) is best.
May 30, 2007
- Rejected games should clear out of the system much better than they have in the past. If there has been a game that you were unable to add in the past because it was stuck in the system, try adding it again.
May 20, 2007
- Some minor adjustemetns have been made to the game forums. The 'Forum' link on a game page has been moved to the 'User Action' menu and renamed 'Discuss Game'. When reading game forums from the main forum page, the game title is displayed in the navigation menu at the top of the page. Also, the game link from the forum list now takes you to the main game page, instead of the game forum page.
May 16, 2007
- The new game wizard has been improved to better handle creating new games versus adding platforms to existing games.
- Files with .jpeg extension are now properly recognized when contributing screenshots in a zip file.
- Past polls are now broken down by year.
- Registered users can now change their vote in a poll. Go to the results page of a poll and click "vote" to change your vote.
- The game overlay link on the left panel of a game sheet has been moved down.
- It is no longer required (or possible) to subscribe to forums to track read messages. Messages are automatically tracked by default for all logged on users. You can still change you preferences to turn this feature on or off, along with all of the other forum preferences.
- The tabs in the forums have been reorganized. There are no longer Active, Read, Inactive tabs. The topic list can be sorted by status or last post, giving similar functionality to what was previously around.
- Watch lists have been added to the forums. You can view your watch list from the forums. When a forum is selected, only watched topics from that forum are displayed. If no forum is selected, all watched topics will be displayed.
- Ignored topics can now be unignored. You can do this from the forum preferences page.
- Going forward, topics must be inactive for two months before they are locked. Previously it was one month.
- Some various improvements to the MobyDark theme have been made.
- Various other ui and performance impovements have been added to the forums.
- Each game now has it's own forum. Topics can be viewed and added from each game's rap sheet or from the main forum page. The main forum page will give you an aggregate view of all game forums.
- When viewing your submissions on the approvals page of your account, the comments you submitted are now displayed.
- Fixed a problem when trying to edit a work in progress game group submission (the link to edit was broken).
- Fixed a rare problem when quick search might return duplicate results.
Mar 20, 2007
- The MostWanted page has been changed to allow you to select a single have list instead of requiring you to select from all of your have lists. You can still select from all have lists if you want.
- Company Logo sizes have been increased from 300x300 to 400x400. New images have been automatically re-created for all logos that were submitted in a resolution larger than 300x300.
- Company Logos now use the same image format as the submission. If a logo was submitted as a png, the resulting image will also be a png. Previously all logos were converted to jpg. All Company Logos effected by this have been re-created.
- Playlists can now have comments associated with them. They work in the same way system lists do. Playlists can be set up from your user profile page.
Mar 10, 2007
- When contributing reviews for MobyRank, pending reviews for that game are listed to help prevent duplicate submissions.
- Multiple images can be uploaded at once when submitting credits. Zip files can also be uploaded. Additionally, a few minor fixes have been made to uploading images.
- Rating Systems have been added as a selection to the game browser. For example, you can browse ESRB Teen games.
- Tech Specs have been added as a selection to the game browser (a platform must be selected before they show up).
Mar 09, 2007
- No longer required to enter platforms when adding a featured game.
Mar 08, 2007
- You can browse MobyRank submissions from the view contribution rating page.
- You can now pull your pending submissions out of the approval queue to make changes to them.
- MobyRank has been added as a search option on the MobyGames Most Wanted! page.
- The Most Wanted! page has been enchanced to allow you to search the entire database. Previously games were restricted to your have lists. See the Most Wanted! page for more details on this feature.