Nov 22, 2010
- added packaging type Digipak
Nov 03, 2010
- added Xbox 360 attributes - Kinect Sensor Compatible and Kinect Sensor Required
Oct 25, 2010
- Fixed problem that was preventing covers from being uploaded.
Oct 21, 2010
- Standards - added exception to developer name rule - Names in foreign characters such as Kanji may be entered as AKAs in the fashion they are normally written, ie in Kanji the Last name is listed first vice the First name. Also list as a single name.
Oct 19, 2010
- The page where you submit game corrections, now shows all pending corrections to help avoid submitting duplicate corrections
Sep 30, 2010
- When adding a new game, you are no longer required to select additional rating categories besides the default personal slant.
- The genre page has been updated. You can also now revise genre descriptions.
- Removed watermarks from covers that are smaller than 256x256 since the watermarks were so big they obscured the image.
Aug 27, 2010
- added iPad as a new platform
Aug 13, 2010
- ftp links are no longer allowed when entering urls for related sites (none have been submitted in the last several years)
- Changed the search engine to improve results when the search term is a word combination in the middle of the title. 'VR Football' is an example that now ranks better.
- The number of games you can add to your playlist has been increased to 100. Additionally, the side panel now will display a summary for longer lists instead of displaying the entire list all the time. Links for viewing the entire list have been added which will take you to a page specefically desgined for displaying them. This is true of system lits as well.
- A new page has been added that allows you to view games rated. A link has been added to the 'Informational' section on the profile pages.
- Fixed a bug that was causing credit approval notificions to make the page display incorrectly.
Aug 06, 2010
- Added a link to the MobyGames Standards and Practices on every page under the 'Other' menu on the left side of the page.
- Added a 'view history' link for game descriptions, company overviews, game group descriptions and developer bios when they have been revised. This allows people to easily see what changes have been made.
- Submitting release information now requires a country to be selected. While this has always been required from a policy standpoint, it was never enforced when entering the actual release. Additionally, up to six additional inputs will automatically be created while you are entering company information so you don't have to keep saving to add additional companies.
- The start page of the credits wizard now gives a waring when there are other submissions pending or work in progress -- this information should help prevent people from creating duplicate credit submissions.
- When updating a credit submission, you can now make changes to the names of the existing titles as well as change the classifications of them. The structure of the credits have been slighty changed to support this. Previously, you could have one distinct title called 'Programmer' and it could be in more than one group. Any changes to that name would cause it to change in the other group as well. This is no longer the case, while you can still have a title caller 'Programmer' in more than one group, each one will be a different title that can have it's onwn name changed without effecting the other. All the existing credits have been updated to support this new structure where a title can only belong to one group. Additionally, on the group page of the credits wizard, only titles can be assigned to groups now instead of the way it used to work when credits could be assigned to different groups.
- The field for adding approver comments to your submission has been increased in many places, including game, company, developer and new game submission pages. Various other fields like screenshot captions, tech info notes, ad blurbs and tip and tricks have been increased as well.
- Trivia is now revisable, please consider editing existing trivia before creating new trivia.
- When entering credits and searching for names, the number of results has been increased from 10 to 100. This should be especially helpful when entering common names like Chris Jones. The developer id is also displayed in the drop down list to provide more information for choosing the correct developer.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing people from hiding their email address, visit the account preferences page to update your privacy settings.
Aug 05, 2010
- PEGI online descriptor image updated
Jul 29, 2010
- increased max PM messages to 1000 and added a pager to the message lists
- fixed some bugs with the quick search, new companies should now be properly indexed and other items with '/' in the title should search better
Jun 29, 2010
- added new platforms PC-88 and PC-98
May 27, 2010
- added new platform Electron
May 14, 2010
- added new platform BBC Micro
May 12, 2010
- The DOS tech spec "Covox Sound Master / Plus / II" has been split up into three different items: Covox Sound Master, Covox Sound Master Plus and Covox Sound Master II (thanks to Servo and Keith S). The same was done for "Pro Audio Spectrum / Plus / 16".
May 11, 2010
- Resolved issue that prevented company logos from being uploaded
Feb 27, 2010
Jan 08, 2010
Jan 06, 2010
- added tech spec Master Strategy Series for the Odyssey 2
- added tech spec Mega Modem for the Genesis
- added tech spec Meganet Game Library for the Genesis
Jan 03, 2010
- New subgenre: Visual Novel