- Addison-Wesley Press is incorporated by Melbourne Wesley Cummings and Lew Addison Cummings (no relation) who use their middle names to identify the new company,
- Mel buys out Lew's shares and remains a driving force in the company for more than four decades before his death in 1990.
- Addison Wesley merges with Pearson plc.
- Addison-Wesley merges with Longman to form Addison Wesley Longman.
- The merger of Simon & Schuster's and Addison Wesley Longman's education businesses results in Pearson Education, the world's leading educational publishing business.
Company history contributed by Jeanne