Company history contributed by Sciere (217832) and jwiechers (62)
May 24, 1977:
- Company founded.
- ASCII founds a U.S. subsidiary called ASCII Entertainment Software.
- ASCII re-founds its U.S. subsidiary renaming it in the process. It became known as Agetec, short for: ASCII Game Entertainment TEChnology
Apr 01, 2000:
- ASCII spins off Enterbrain Inc., a subsidiary which focuses on coverage on the video game market and also includes the software development department responsible for the RPG Maker series.
- ASCII ceased distribution and publication of software. Media Leaves Inc. was spun off, subsequently
Jan 28, 2004:
- ASCII became part of the Kadokawa Group of companies.