- GT Interactive Software Corp. founded in the US.
- Company acquires Slash Corporation.
- GT Interactive acquires a 50% percent equity interest in the development studio Oddworld Inhabitants Inc., with global publishing rights for the software titles.
Apr 10, 1996:
- GT Interactive Software Corp. and Scavenger Inc. enter into a multi-title distribution agreement for several PC titles
- Company acquires WizardWorks Software & MacSoft.
- Company acquires Candel, Inc., parent company of FormGen.
Jul 10, 1996:
- Company acquires Humongous Entertainment.
- Company acquires SingleTrac Entertainment Technologies.
- GT Interactive Software Corp. formed GT Interactive European Holdings B.V. which acquired HomeSoft from Funsoft.
- Acquires Accolade
Nov 15, 1999:
- Infogrames Entertainment SA acquires for a total investment of $135 million a controlling stake in major American publisher GT Interactive Software Corp., including its seven internal development studios.
May 10, 2000:
- GT Interactive Software Corp. changed its name to Infogrames, Inc. - North American subsidiary of Infogrames Entertainment SA.
Sep 11, 2000:
- Merger of Infogrames North America, Inc. and Infogrames, Inc. announced
Oct 03, 2000:
- Merger between Infogrames, Inc. and Infogrames North America completes. NASDAQ ticker changes from GTIS to IFGM.
Jan 30, 2003:
May 07, 2003:
- Infogrames re-brands the company.
Company name is changed to Atari, Inc.
- The company is sued by legendary game developer Chris Sawyer for $4.8 million over unpaid royalties from game sales during the period 1999 to 2003.
Jul 13, 2006:
- The company sells off most of Reflections Interactive's assets, along with the Driver license, to Ubisoft.
Nov 13, 2007:
- The US division announces to exit the game development business to concentrate solely on publishing and distribution.
Dec 10, 2007:
- Atari, Inc. terminates its existing distribution agreements with Infogrames enters into a new distribution agreement covering the distribution by Atari, Inc. of interactive entertainment software games produced or acquired by Infogrames and its affiliates in North America. This new distribution agreement covers the distribution of Infogrames' products in North America for the next three years.
Apr 30, 2008:
- Infogrames Entertainment SA announces to fully acquire the company, after having been the major shareholder already.