ATI Technologies, Inc.
Aug 20, 1985:
- ATI Technologies Inc. established.
- ATI uses ASIC technology to develop its first graphic controller and introduce its first graphics board product.
- ATI releases EGA WonderÂ’ and VGA WonderÂ’, a single card that worked with every graphics interface, software and monitor on the market, providing faster graphics than was possible on conventional personal computers.
- ATI releases ATI Mach8’ in both chip and board products, capable of processing graphics independently of the central processing unit (CPU).
- ATI releases Mach32Â’, an integrated graphics controller and graphics accelerator in one chip.
- ATI establishes ATI GmbH in Munich, Germany.
- ATI releases VLB (VESA Local Bus) products and, after that, PCI (peripheral component interconnect) bus products.
Nov 30, 1993:
- ATI becomes a public company, trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE), trading symbol: ATY.
- ATI introduces the Mach64 chip and a new set of graphics boards -- the first graphics boards to accelerate motion video.
- ATI localizes application software in 13 different international languages.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to ship Mac-compatible graphics boards, proving ATI is committed to both PC and Mac platforms.
- ATI announces an agreement with United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) and other joint ventures to build a semiconductor manufacturing facility in Taiwan.
- ATI releases the first 3D chip in the graphics industry. Sales that year exceed one million chips.
- ATI establishes ATEL (ATI Ireland), the Company's distribution headquarters in Europe.
- ATI announces Macintosh-based boards, making the Company the first manufacturer of PCI-based boards for the Mac, other than Apple itself.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to introduce a hardware chip to display computer graphics on a television.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to introduce a fully 3D-enabled chip for the notebook personal computer market.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to introduce a combination graphics and TV tuner card, enabling users to receive and capture analog TV signals.
- ATI ships 3D RAGE’ II+ DVD chip, the first graphic accelerator with motion compensation DVD software.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to release products with full support for the Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP 2X).
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to provide hardware support for DVD acceleration and display.
- ATI graphics processor products become standard issue in the world's top ten personal computers.
- ATI becomes the first company to introduce a complete set-top box design.
- ATI introduces next-generation RAGEÂ’ 128 GL graphics chip delivering the world's best performance and features to the high performance PC market.
- ATI launches RAGE MAGNUMÂ’ deemed to be OEM's best choice for fastest graphics performance for high-end PC graphics.
- ATI unveils XPERTÂ’ 128 the new 16MB board turns the PC into a graphics and multimedia powerhouse.
- ATI's RAGEÂ’ LT PRO brings no-compromise 2D, 3D and DVD to leading notebooks.
- ATI's new RAGEÂ’ 128 VR graphics chip delivers a new level of 3D graphics performance on the motherboard.
- ATI invests in SiByte Inc. to develop the MIPS processor.
- ATI acquires Chromatic Research Inc. to develop system-on-a-chip (SOC) products.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to introduce a Digital TV-enabled chip that allows users to watch DVD on a personal computer.
- ATI introduces RAGE 128Â’ AGP 4X accelerators Fastest graphics chips on the market now AGP 4X enabled.
- ATI announces RAGE MOBILITYÂ’ M1 - the world's first notebook PC graphics accelerator with 8MB of integrated memory.
- ATI's RAGE 128Â’ first to break the 3DWinBench 99 700 barrier. Mercury Research report proves RAGE 128-based RAGE FURYÂ’ 32MB board at 743 Winmarks, the fastest in the world.
- ATI becomes the first graphics company to ship a fully-enabled DVI chip, permitting direct connection to a digital flat panel monitor.
- ATI Launches RADEONÂ’: the World's Most Powerful and Feature-Packed Graphics Processor. RADEONÂ’ marks ATI's entry and market leadership in the High-End Gaming and 3D Workstation segments.
- ATI Technologies Inc. completes acquisition of ArtX, Inc. - a leading developer of high-performance graphics for both PCs and consumer appliances.
- ATI releases its integrated graphics chip, combining the northbridge chipset function on-chip and providing a low-cost yet full-featured graphics and video solution for OEMs.
- ATI unveils the MOBILITY RADEON’ chip for the notebook personal computer.
- ATI acquires workstation graphics processor pioneer FIRE GL Graphics, formalizing its entry into the high-performance workstation graphics segment of the PC graphics industry.
- ATI unveils new hybrid business model, whereby company permits OEMs and AIBs to use its patented chip technology in their products in worldwide marketplace.
- ATI acquires HYDRAVISION’ desktop management software application from Appian Graphics.
- ATI announces MOBILITY RADEON’ 7500, the most powerful, feature-rich mobile solution in the world for the notebook personal computer.
- ATI unveils FIRE GL’ 8800 workstation graphics board, the first such product to evolve out of its acquisition of FIRE GL graphics.
- ATI introduces RADEON’ 8500, the world's fastest, most advanced technology graphics board. RADEON’ 8500 offers best visual effects, unsurpassed gaming performance, and is first chip to fully support Microsoft® DirectX® 8.1 specification.
- ATI introduces the ALL-IN-WONDER® RADEON’ 8500DV, the world's most advanced multimedia graphics board.
- ATI introduces XILLEON’ 220; the world's most highly integrated system-on-chip for the Digital Set-top Box Market.
- ATI introduces RADEON 7000 and 7200 boards the latest additions to the most powerful, innovative graphics family in the world.
- ATI unveils MOBILITY’ FIRE GL’ 7800 the world's fastest and most powerful mobile workstation GPU designed for 3D animation and CAD/CAM.
- ATI unveils FIRE GL’ 8700 workstation graphics board, a new entry-level offering for the Digital Content Creation, 3D animation and MCAD workstation customer.
- ATI unveils RADEON’ 8500 MAC EDITION AND RADEON’ 7000 MAC EDITION dual display PCI graphics card.
- ATI Technologies Inc. elevated to permanent membership in OpenGL standards board.
- ATI enters wireless market with IMAGEON’100 the most advanced display co-processor for PDAs and Smart Phones.
- ATI introduces REMOTE WONDER’ enabling multimedia access for users to take control of their computer from anywhere in your room, house, stage or classroom.
- ATI launches System Integrator Partner Program in North America.
- ATI acquires NxtWave Communications.
- ATI launches RADEON’ 9700. RADEON’ 9700 delivers double the performance of any graphics product currently on the market.
- ATI unleashes two more revolutionary family members of RADEON’ visual processors, RADEON’ 9000 and RADEON’ 9000 PRO delivering high-end graphics to the mainstream for the first time.
- ATI's RADEON’ 9700 PRO graphics board based on newly introduced VPU architecture delivers double the performance of any graphics card available.
- ATI introduces MOBILITY’ RADEON’ 9000 the world's first mobile graphics solution with programmable pixel shaders delivering stunning 3D performance and impeccable photo-realism.
- ATI introduces MOBILITY’ FIREGL’ 9000 visual processor for mobile workstations - becomes the world's most powerful anytime, anywhere mobile workstation graphics accelerator driving DCC and CAD/CAM forward a generation.
- ATI announces the new ALL-IN-WONDER® 9700 PRO the world's fastest multimedia graphics card features dual TV tuner support and ATI's fastest Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 graphics.
- ATI introduces next generation IMAGEON’ 3200 a highly integrated multimedia co-processor for handheld devices.
- ATI launches the most comprehensive and feature-rich product lineup in graphics history with RADEON’ 9800, RADEON’ 9600 & RADEON’ 9200.
- ATI announces the MOBILITYÃယÂ’ RADEONÃယÂ’ 9600 family of mobile visual processors.