- Gary and Doug Carlston start the company Broderbund
- Ms. Cathy Carlston joins Broderbund along with her founding brothers
- Brøderbund is introduced to the stock market (NASDAQ: BROD).
May 21, 1997:
- The company establishes the Red Orb Entertainment publishing label for mature games, to distinguishing them from its library of edutainment titles.
Aug 31, 1998:
- Broderbund merges with and becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Learning Company.
May 13, 1999:
- The Learning Company (including Broderbund) merges with and becomes a division of Mattel, Inc.
Jun 28, 1999:
- Corel and Mattel sign a graphics deal giving Mattel's Broderbund unit online graphics rights.
- Mattel sells Broderbund to Gores Technology Group; Broderbund begins financial reorganization and restructuring.
Mar 05, 2001:
- Gores Technology Group sells Broderbund's Entertainment Division to Ubi Soft Entertainment
Sep 06, 2001:
- Riverdeep Interactive Learning buys Broderbund's Education Division (The Learning Company). TLC returns to its former name, Broderbund.
Oct 05, 2001:
- Broderbund announces agreement that all Broderbund software products will be distributed internationally by Mindscape
Aug 26, 2002:
- All of Broderbund acquired by Riverdeep Interactive Learning