May 30, 1979:
- Established I.R.M Corporation with the objective of developing and selling electronic game machines in Matsubara, Osaka.
- Corporate name was changed to 'SAMBI Co., Ltd.', and the head office was moved to Habikino, Osaka.
Jun 11, 1983:
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd. is established in Hirano, Osaka with the express purpose of selling software.
- Established the Tokyo Branch in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
- Established CAPCOM U.S.A., Inc. in California for the distribution of Capcom's products in the US.
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd. merges with SAMBI Co., Ltd. with the emerging company being called CAPCOM Co., Ltd. The new head office is located in Higashi-ku, Osaka.
- Established CAPCOM ASIA Co., Ltd. in Hong Kong for distribution of Capcom's products in China and South East Asia.
- Established CAPCOM COIN-OP, Inc. , CAPCOM ENTERTAINMENT, Inc. and CAPCOM DIGITAL STUDIOS, Inc. (currently CAPCOM STUDIO 8, Inc.) as subsidiaries of CAPCOM U.S.A., Inc.
- Established FLAGSHIP Co., Ltd. for the purpose of planning and development of game software.
- Established CAPCOM EUROSOFT Ltd. in the U.K. for the distribution of Capcom's products in Europe.
- Established KOKO CAPCOM Co., Ltd. for the purpose of distribution and R&D in Korea.
- Established CAPCOM CHARBO Co., Ltd. for the purpose of rental, maintenance and lease of electronic game machines.
- Established CE EUROPE LTD. in the U.K.
- Established CEG INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT GmbH in Germany.
- The company cancels three titles: Capcom Fighting All Stars, Red Dead Revolver (PlayStation 2, sold to Rockstar), and Dead Phoenix (GameCube).
- Established Clover Studio Co., Ltd. for the purpose of software R&D.
Oct 11, 2006:
- The company announces to close Clover Studio Co., Ltd., finalized in March 2007.
- Capcom Studio 8, Inc. is fully merged into the main company.
Jun 01, 2007:
- After an earlier announcement in mid May, Flagship Co., Ltd. is merged into the company and the studio is then dissolved.
Mar 30, 2008:
- The company announces its intention to acquire the Japanese development studio K2 LLC.
May 01, 2008:
- Company acquires K2 LLC