OverviewCentroid 3D Group is a company based in the United Kingdom which offers all aspects of 3D animation and motion capture production for games, television and film. The company was founded in 1996 under the name of Centroid Motion Capture Limited and was located in Halliford Studios, Shepperton.
Centroid operated solely out of their UK location for many years but later opened additional studios in several key European cities. Over time the company gained notoriety as specialists in their field. The company began using the Centroid 3D Group name actively in about 2000.
In May 2007 the entire "group" was acquired by TT Games, and renamed it TT Centroid Limited. In June 2007 the company headquarters were moved to Pinewood Studios, Buckinghamshire. In November 2007 Warner Bros. acquired TT Games, but Centroid was not included in the deal since Jon Burton retained majority ownership.
In 2010 Centroid operates as an independent concern. Company executives include Phil Stilgoe, Operations Director, who has been with Centroid since the beginning.
Typically game credits list the "group" name, but occasionally individual studios are specifically listed.
Former Centroid studios (now closed):
- Centroid Animation GmbH - Berlin, Germany (2004 - May, 2007)
- Centroid Animation AB - Sweden (closed in early 2008)
- Centroid USA - Long Island City, New York (United States)
- Centroid (UK) Ltd. - Pinewood Studios, Buckinghamshire UK - Main headquarters
- Centroid Motion Capture d.o.o. - Serbia
There is no trivia on file. If you have any interesting trivia about this company, please add it.
- Centroid 3D Group -- The official homepage
There is no logo on file for this company.