- Cryo Interactive Entertainment founded by Jean-Martial Lefranc, Rémi Herbulot, and Philippe Ulrich in France.
- Cryo Interactive begins publishing its own games, specializing largely in the adventure genre.
- Cryo becomes majority shareholder in the North American company Dreamcatcher Interactive.
- Cryo Files for Bankruptcy with the French courts.
Oct 15, 2002:
- In an strange turn of events, the trading court of Paris accepted a takeover proposal (after intensive bidding and negotiations) for Cryo Interactive by none other than... DreamCatcher Interactive, its North American subsidiary. Most company assets and people were bought out by DreamCatcher thus forming the basis for DreamCatcher Europe.