Jul 23, 2004:
- The company announces a partnership with Electronic Arts to develop a new franchise. Although non-exclusive, it is a decision to move away from Ubisoft who published their first title: Far Cry.
- The company announces the elevation of their satellite offices in Kiev to full development studio status, and the launch of a new CryENGINE 2 powered project based on new original IP.
- The company sets up a new development studio in Budapest, Hungary.
Jul 14, 2008:
- The company acquires development studio Black Sea Studios Ltd.
Feb 03, 2009:
- It is confirmed Crytek has acquired the development studio Free Radical Design.