- Company began its operations in Burbank, California, where The Walt Disney Company operates.
Mar 14, 2003:
- Disney Interactive changes its name to Buena Vista Games.
Apr 19, 2005:
- The company acquires Avalanche Software and sets up Propaganda Games, a new studio in Vancouver, Canada, founded by Josh Holmes, Howard Donaldson, Daryl Anselmo and Jorge Freitas.
Apr 22, 2005:
- The company announces that starting from summer 2005, it will become a multi-platform publisher in the UK, Germany and France. They will also broaden their focus from kids and family games to teen and core games.
Sep 28, 2006:
- The company acquires the Climax Racing studio.
Nov 07, 2006:
- The company announces the formation of Fall Line Studios, based in Salt Lake City, a new video game development studio dedicated to develop games based on Disney’s characters, as well as new IP, for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii.
Jul 12, 2007:
Apr 07, 2008:
- The company announces to acquire Gamestar (China) Ltd.
Sep 08, 2009:
- The company announces to have acquired the development studio Wideload Games, Inc.
Jul 01, 2010:
- It is revealed the company has acquired the iPhone development studio Tapulous, Inc.