OverviewHeliovisions Productions was originally a French, Lyon-based company working in the domain of video (dubbing, special effects, editing). Around 1996, a games division was created to work on PC games, when former Infogrames programmers such as Denis Dufour and Vincent Terraillon joined the company.
In the beginning of 1997, the team was expanded to work on PlayStation games when former Adeline Software programmers Olivier Lhermite and Mickaël Pointier joined.
In mid 1998, the team expanded to include Dreamcast games as well. Along with the addition, the video game division was renamed Helio Game. The name Heliozo also appears to has been used. In September 2000 the studio name was settled as Doki Denki Studio. Eventually Doki Denki consisted of two divisions: game development and animation. That way, additional work was also provided for other games, such as Kya: Dark Lineage (2003).
In February 2003 the company acquired the French development studio Delphine. Work was started on Moto Racer Traffic, the fourth installment in the Moto Racer series by Delphine, for Windows and PlayStation 2, but eventually it was not released as Doki Denki was declared bankrupt on 4th March 2004.
The six released games by the studio are:
- Hexplore (1998 - Windows)
- The Smurfs (1999 - PlayStation)
- Tigger's Honey Hunt (2000 - PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Windows)
- Disney's Pooh's Party Game: In Search of the Treasure (2001 - PlayStation)
- Peter Pan in Disney's Return to Neverland (2002 - PlayStation)
- Piglet's Big Game (2003 - GameCube, PlayStation 2)
Also Known As
- Helio Game (from 1998 to 2000)
- Heliovisions Productions (from 1996 to 1998)
- Heliogame Production (from 1999 to present) -- Circa 1999
|Kya: Dark Lineage||(2003)|
|Piglet's BIG Game||(2003)|
|Peter Pan in Disney's Return to Never Land||(2002)|
|Disney's Pooh's Party Game: In Search of the Treasure||(2001)|
|Tigger's Honey Hunt||(2000)|
TriviaContact information (circa 2003)
Doki Denki Studio
21, boulevard Yves Farge
Tel : +33 (0)4 72 71 46 46
Fax : +33 (0)4 72 71 16 50
Related Web Sites
- Doki Denki sur societé.com (background information about the company, along with details of the bankruptcy.)