OverviewHolistic Design is a small independent game publishing and development house located in Atlanta, GA. Originally known as "Several Dudes Holistic Gaming", their first game was "Battles of Destiny" in 1992, with QQP. Since then, the company has gone on to create a number of award winning games such as "Machiavelli the Prince" and "Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40K".
In addition to computer games, the company publishes its own line of role playing books, the core of which is their "Fading Suns" universe, a very rich and deep far future science fiction setting. It uses its own rules engine, but has also seen a d20 conversion, and been made into a LARP. As well, they have recently delved into modern day role playing with their "Real Life Roleplaying" series using the d20 engine (current installments are Afghanistan and Somalia, with Columbia coming soon).
Further, HDI publishes several miniatures games: "Carnage", a fantasy miniatures game; "Noble Armada", a space ship combat game based in their Fading Suns universe; and "Battle Zone", a post-apocolyptic miniatures combat game.
Also Known As
- Several Dudes Holistic Gaming (from 1992 to 1993)
TriviaOnly one of the company's original 1992 founders is still with the company as of May 2003: Ken Lightner.
Related Web Sites
- Holistic Design, Inc. (official website)
- Fading Suns Webring (The webring homepage for HDI's flagship product line, the Fading Suns RPG)
- Fading Suns yahoo group (A yahoo group dedicated specifically to HDI's flagship product line, the Fading Suns RPG.)
- HDIGames Yahoo group (Keep on current events at HDI, including product releases and convention appearances.)