OverviewInfinite Interactive is an Australian game development studio. It was founded in 1989 and became wholly independent in January 2003 when it was spun off from the Strategic Studios Group by Steve Fawkner, creator and lead designer of the Warlords series of PC games.
On 4th January 2011 the Australian development studio Firemint Pty Ltd. announced to have acquired Infinite Interactive. On 3rd May 2011 Electronic Arts announced to have acquired Firemint, making Infinite Interactive a part of EA as well. In September 2012 the company once again became independent.
Owner Steve Fawkner worked as an independent developer in the 1980's, creating titles for many platforms from the Sinclair Spectrum to the Commodore Amiga. He then moved to the Strategic Studios Group where he created, maintained and expanded the Warlords franchise on the PC. Infinite Interactive is now best known for the Puzzle Quest series.
Infinite Interactive's founding members are (in alphabetical order):
- Dean Farmer (AI & System Programmer)
- Janeen Fawkner (Producer, Art Director)
- Steve Fawkner (Lead Designer, Programmer, Musician)
- Andrew Gillard (3d Modeller, Texturer & Animator)
- Nick McVeity (3d Engine Programmer)
- Chris Proctor (Textures & Level Design)
- Mick Robertson (Interface Design & Programming)
- James Tutton (Sound & Video Editor)
TriviaMailing address and contact information (2010):
3/201 Fitzroy St
Email: [email protected]
Related Web Sites
- Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd. (official website)