- Leisure machine company I.P.M. is founded as a wholly owned subsidiary of screen maker Nanao (better known under its Eizo brand). I.P.M. quickly changes its name to Irem.
- Company changed its name to "Irem"
Apr 15, 1997:
- Eizo Nanao founds Irem Software Engineering Inc.
- Took over management from Irem Corporation.
- Irem Software Engineering Inc. takes over the development department of Irem Corporation and absorbs it.
- The publishing department of Irem Corporation is sold to Apies.
- Irem establishes a development branch in Osaka.