Company history contributed by Jeanne (75627)
- company founded
Feb 03, 1997:
- company acquisition by CUC International Inc. is finalized and becomes part of CUC Software Inc. along with Sierra On-Line, Davidson & Associates, Blizzard Entertainment, and Gryphon Software. Davidson & Associates and Gryphon are then absorbed into Knowledge Adventure.
Dec 02, 1997:
- Cendant Software is formed as a result of the merger of CUC and HFS Incorporated. Knowledge Adventure becomes a company of Cendant Software.
Mar 16, 1998:
- Knowledge Adventure, a Cendant Software company, acquires Roger Wagner Publishing, Inc. and adds it to their school division.
Dec 20, 1998:
- Cendant Software announces intentions to sell its video game and consumer software business (including Knowledge Adventure) to French publisher Havas Interactive SA
Oct 05, 2004:
- Vivendi Universal Games announces the sale of Knowledge Adventure to a group of private investors (Knowledge Holdings Inc.); VU to continue distribution of Knowledge Adventure games