Jul 25, 1978:
- KOEI established in Imafuku-cho, Ashikaga City, Japan.
- The company starts selling computers and business software.
- The company starts development and sales of entertainment software.
- Company business is reorientated from sales of chemicals to full-time software development.
- Headquarters moved to Hiyoshi-Honcho, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama City, Japan.
- Established KOEI Corporation in California, U.S.A.
- Established the "TIANJIN KOEI SOFTWARE CO., LTD." in Tianjin, China.
- Established subsidiary company, KOEI MUSIC CO., LTD.
- Established subsidiary, KOEI AD CO., LTD.
- Established the BEIJING KOEI SOFTWARE CO., LTD. in Beijing, China.
- Koei acquires 68% of Nippon Dexter.
- Established venture capital firm, KOEI CAPITAL CO., LTD.
- Nippon Dexter's distributor business is transferred to Koei subsidiary Koei Soft Co., Ltd. Combined with a cash transfusion into the subsidiary, Koei Soft is renamed into Koei Net Co., Ltd.
- Established software distribution company, KOEI NET CO., LTD.
- Established Koei Korea Corporation in Seoul, Korea.
- Established KOEI CANADA Inc. in Toronto, Canada.
Oct 25, 2005:
- The formation of KOEI Canada, Inc. is announced, the headquarters for the company's North American product development.