- Kagemasa Kozuki (current Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer) founded a jukebox rental/repair business in 148, Kozushima, Toyonaka City, Osaka.
Mar 19, 1973:
- The business is transformed into Konami Industry Co., Ltd.
- Started to export products to the US, paving the way for future expansion overseas.
- Started to manufacture and sell software for the PC market.
- Konami of America Inc. is established in the USA.
- Began development and sales for the MSX line of PCs.
- Konami Limited (currently Konami Corporation of Europe B.V.) was established in the U.K.
- Established Konami GmbH in Germany.
- KONAMI began the manufacture and sales of game software for the Nintendo Famicom.
- Company creates a subsidiary video game company called Ultra to get around Nintendo's harsh licensing rules.
- The Company's name was changed from Konami Industry Co., Ltd. to Konami Co., Ltd.
- Established Konami (Hong Kong) Ltd. in Hong Kong.
- Established Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo Co., Ltd.
Apr 03, 1995:
- Established Konami Computer Entertainment Osaka Co., Ltd.
- Established Konami Music Entertainment Co., Ltd.
- Established Konami Computer Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd.
- Established Konami Computer Entertainment School Co., Ltd.
- Established Konami Parlor Entertainment, Inc. (currently KPE, Inc.) to sell pachinko and pachinko slot machines.
- KONAMI invested in TAKARA Co., Ltd., making it an affiliated company.
- The company acquires People Co., Ltd., which a few months later changes name into Konami Sports Corporation.
- The company acquires the remaining shares of Konami Australia Pty Ltd. and consequently makes it a wholly owned subsidiary.
- For its 30th anniversary, Konami adopts a new brand logo.
- The company sells all shares it has from TAKARA Co., Ltd.
- Konami Corporation re-aligns their business structure and so they merge with (and therefore absorbing) the following subsidiaries: Konami Computer Entertainment Studios, Inc., Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, Inc., Konami Computer Entertainment Japan, Inc., Konami Online, Inc. and Konami Media Entertainment, Inc.
Apr 11, 2005:
- The company becomes the new majority stockholder of Hudson Soft as they raise their shares from 45% to 54%.
- Konami Corporation merges with (and therefore absorbing) its subsidiary Konami Traumer, Inc.
- Konami Corporation merges with (and therefore absorbing) its subsidiary Konami Marketing Japan, Inc.
Apr 21, 2006:
- Konami first became involved with movie production with the release of the 2006 film Silent Hill based heavily upon the Silent Hill franchise thanks to the involvement of Konami's Team Silent.
Aug 02, 2006:
- The company closes Konami Computer Entertainment Hawaii, Inc. as the result of a reorganization of the company and to shift resources to its L.A. and Las Vegas facilities.