- Company founded.
- The company acquires the UK publishing arm of Melbourne House as well as the name itself.
- The company is acquired by Virgin Games, Ltd. and renamed Mastertronic Group Ltd.
Aug 08, 2003:
- Announcement that the British Mastertronic brand is being relaunched after a 12 year absence.
Aug 13, 2004:
- The company relaunches the M.A.D. budget label for high quality PC titles (sold in excess of 100,000 units) at sub-£10 prices.
Nov 12, 2004:
- The company launches MAD4Games, a subsidiary company focused on creating a new channel for delivering mobile games direct to the consumer, with top-quality games at value prices.
Dec 10, 2004:
- The company acquires rival budget publisher Sold Out.
- The company acquires specialist sales agency Redback Sales.