Company history contributed by Sciere (228052) and Jeanne (75627)
- Maxis struck a co-publishing agreement with Broderbund
- The company moved from its Orinda, California, offices into the sixth floor of a corporate office-tower in Walnut Creek, California. In June, Maxis "went public" on the stock exchange.
- The company acquires Cinematronics, LLC and renames it Maxis South.
- Maxis was acquired by Electronic Arts in a US $125 million dollar stock transaction. The company is considered a "fully-owned subsidiary" of EA.
EA appointed a 35-year-old French engineer named Luc Barthelet as General Manager of Maxis.
Feb 27, 2004:
- EA closes Maxis. Most of the jobs are moved to Redwood City.