Company history contributed by Corn Popper (69529) and Xoleras (66309)
- Company is founded by Nolan Bushnell.
- Warner Communications acquires the company.
Jul 02, 1984:
- Warner sells the home computing and game console divisions to Jack Tramiel. Warner retains the arcade division under the name Atari Games.
- Controlling interest was sold to Namco.
- A group of employees bought Namco's share.
- Time Warner bought a controlling interest in the company and changed the name to Time Warner Interactive.
- Company sold to WMS Industries and reverted back to the name Atari Games.
- Company was renamed to Midway Games West after Hasbro Interactive bought the remains of Atari Corporation and resurrected the Atari name in the home software arena.
- Company left the arcade market to concentrate on home systems.