Company history contributed by Indra was here (18570) and Jeanne (75627)
- Mindscape, Inc. founded in Illinois
Jan 13, 1987:
- The company announces the acquisition the educational software product line of Learning Well, a closely held multi-media publisher located in Roslyn, New York.
Apr 11, 1988:
- Roger T. Young is appointed as the company's Executive Vice President.
- Robert E. Lloyd becomes Mindscape's CEO and Chairman of the Board.
- The company is acquired by The Software Toolworks in a $40 million deal.
Apr 08, 1994:
- Mindscape and The Software Toolworks, Inc. are acquired by Pearson PLC for $462 million.
- The company acquires Strategic Simulations Inc. (SSI).
Sep 07, 1995:
- The company announces the acquisition of MicroLogic Software, Inc., an Emeryville, California, software development company.
- Robert Goldberg resigns as President and COO of Mindscape.
Dec 13, 1996:
- The Mindscape Games (www.mindscapegames.com) website launched.
Mar 06, 1998:
- The Learning Company announces an agreement to buy Mindscape.
Apr 16, 1998:
- The Learning Company completes the acquisition with the purchase of all Mindscape stock for $150 million.
Oct 19, 2000:
- Mindscape is acquired by the Gore Technology Group as part of the Mattel sale of The Learning Company.
Oct 10, 2001:
- Jean-Pierre Nordman buys the European, Asian and Australian subsidiaries of The Learning Company from the Gore Technology Group and renames it Mindscape SA.
- Mindscape purchases Montparnasse Multimedia.
- The company acquires Alsyd, a French publisher of professional and practical life CDs.
- The company acquires OpenMind International, a Paris, France-based publisher of language products.
- The company becomes a publicly listed company on France's Alternext stock market.
Jan 31, 2008:
- The company acquires Kaolink.