OverviewThis developer has been split off from Paradox Interactive, who are now a pure game publisher. Paradox Development Studio is known for making grand strategy history games of a rather complex type. Known figurehead is Johan Andersson, who joined the company when it was still called Target Games, in 1998.
Paradox Development Studio has been a developer of PC-focused strategy games since 1995. Paradox Development Studio is the developers behind franchises such as Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, Svea Rike & Sengoku. Paradox Development Studio has gone through several transformations. The company started as Target Games in the 80's, focusing on role-playing games. In 1999 the company was split into two separate entities. One called Paradox Entertainment that took care of the boardgames and role-playing game parts, and Paradox Interactive that continued on with pc games instead. Paradox Interactive was a pure developer from the start, but gravitated towards self-publishing until they were in such a place that they could publish games from other studios as well. Once that really started to grow, the company was split once again. Since January 2012 Paradox Interactive is the game publisher and Paradox Development Studio that focus on game development.
There is no trivia on file. If you have any interesting trivia about this company, please add it.
Related Web Sites
- Paradox Development Studio (official website)
- Paradox Development Studio on Facebook ()
- Paradox Development Studio on Twitter ()
- Paradox Development Studios Forum ()
- Paradox Development Studios Official Facebook page ()
- Paradox Development Studios Official Twitter Page ()
- The Forum (Paradox Development Studio forum, with all games on the top and some general stuff in the bottom.)