- Founders quit working out of their homes and open the company's first office.
Mar 07, 2005:
- The company releases the PopCap Games Framework, the in-house development toolset used to create their games. It is offered under an open source license and can be used free of charge by any developer for commercial or non-commercial use.
Aug 16, 2005:
- The company acquires Sprout Games.
Feb 01, 2006:
- The company expands into overseas markets with the opening of PopCap Games International, based in Dublin, Ireland. The new operations center serves as a local hub for PopCap’s European and Asian business activities, as well as studio facilities for international games and new title development.
Mar 14, 2006:
- The company opens a new game development studio in San Francisco, California.
Jul 12, 2007:
- Company acquires Retro64, Inc.
Jul 16, 2007:
- The company acquires SpinTop Games.
Jun 24, 2008:
- The company announces to open a Asia/Pacific office, headed by James Gwertzman.
Feb 24, 2009:
- The company announces to have acquired Gastronaut Studios LLC.
Jul 12, 2011:
- The company is bought by Electronic Arts for $750 million.