OverviewRailSimulator.com Limited is a UK company led by CEO Paul Jackson. It is responsible for the train simulator RailWorks (released June 2009), a train simulation game where new environments and trains can be bought as downloadable content.
The project started when Microsoft announced they would not create a sequel to Microsoft Train Simulator (2001). The original developer Kuju Entertainment commissioned Paul Jackson (who had just left Electronic Arts from the position of Vice President of EA Northern Europe) to envision a new simulator for them. That game became Rail Simulator, published by Electronic Arts in 2007.
By that time, Jackson had already taken up a position at the UK organization ELSPA. Microsoft had changed its mind in the meantime, starting work on its own sequel, cancelling it, and then starting it up again. The work that was done on the Microsoft project ended up being owned by a group of Edinburgh Financiers. Paul Jackson bought it together with some other people and turned it into RailWorks.
Starting in December 2013, all new releases were published under their subsidiary Dovetail Games.
Currently viewing the 50 most recent games. Click here to view the complete list.
TriviaContact information (October 2009)
Walnut Tree Close
UK, GU1 4TX
Related Web Sites
- RailSimulator.com Limited (official website)
Logo first used 2009
Most Recent Games
- TS Marketplace: BR Blue Class 121 Add-On Livery
- TS Marketplace: BR Blue Class 20 Add-On Livery
- TS Marketplace: BR Blue Class 47 Large Logo Highland Rail Livery Add-On
- TS Marketplace: BR Blue/Grey Class 121 Add-On Livery
- TS Marketplace: BR Railfreight Class 20 Add-On Livery
- TS Marketplace: Class 08 InterCity Livery Add-On
- TS Marketplace: Class 08 Railfreight Add-On Livery
- TS Marketplace: Class 08 RES Add-On Livery
- TS Marketplace: Class 08 Triple Grey Livery Add-On
- TS: CSX SD80MAC