OverviewBend Studio is an in-house Sony development studio located in Bend, Oregon.
The original company was founded as Blank, Berlyn and Co in 1993 by Marc Blank (one of the authors of the original mainframe Zork in 1977) and Michael Berlyn, and then soon renamed to Eidetic. They first published productivity software, crossword puzzles and other word games for the Apple Newton, until they turned to Playstation titles in 1999 with Syphon Filter.
In 2000, Eidetic became part of Sony and gained the informal name Sony Bend. Shortly thereafter the company was officially named Bend Studio. In 2005 it became part of the SCE Worldwide Studios group.
Also Known As
- Sony Bend (from 2000 to 2005)
- Eidetic, Inc. (from 1993 to 2000)
- Blank, Berlyn and Co (from 1993 to 1993)
TriviaLocation in 2009:
395 SW Bluff Drive
Bend OR 97702
Related Web Sites
- SCE Bend Studio (official website)
- SCE Worldwide Studios - SCE Bend Studio (information about the studio on the WorldWideStudios website including photos, history and job vacancies)