- Company established as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sega Enterprises, Ltd. in South San Francisco, California.
- The company has its Post Office Box in South San Francisco, California. Its head office was still there until October 1990.
- The company opens a distribution center in Redwood City, California.
- The company moves to a new office in Hawyard, California.
- The company acquires Interactive Designs and re-establishes it as SEGA Interactive Development Division.
- The company moves its head office to Redwood City, California.
- Sega of America's product development shifts over to
SegaSoft. SEGA of America Inc. remains as a publishing arm.
Jun 11, 1998:
- The company moves again to a new office in San Francisco, California.
- The company announces to close the development studio Sega Studios San Francisco.