- The Software Toolworks started as a publisher of software for Heath/Zenith personal computers.
- Changes name from Software Country to Software Toolworks
- The company acquires Mindscape, Inc. in a $40 million deal.
- Roger Buoy, founder of Mindscape, Inc., is appointed CEO and Chairman of the Board of The Software Toolworks, Inc.
- Software Toolworks acquires SSI
- The Software Toolworks was renamed Mindscape.
Apr 08, 1994:
- The Software Toolworks, Inc. and Mindscape, Inc. are acquired by Pearson PLC for $462 million.
- The Learning Company, Software Toolworks and SSI sold to Gore Technology Group, which in turn sells them to UBI Soft.