OverviewSony's Computer Entertainment Division began in 1994 when Nintendo tore up the agreement for Sony to supply Nintendo with a disc system add-on for their Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Once Hiroshi Yamauchi had torn up that agreement, Ken Kutaragi decided that with all the research that has been done, they could make their own console system. At that time, the Sony PlayStation was born.
Today, next to the hardware division, SCEI is both a developer of first party titles, as well as the Japanese publisher.
TriviaSony received the following Awards by the German online magazine 4Players:
- Best Developer of 2006
- #2 Best Publisher of 2008
- #3 Best Developer of 2008
- #2 Best Publisher of 2009
- #3 Best Publisher of 2010
Related Web Sites
- Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated (official website)
Logo first used 1994