- Sony Computer Entertainment of America established in Foster City - California, United States of America.
- Sony Imagesoft merges with the product development branch of the company, forming Sony Interactive Studios America.
Jan 02, 1997:
- Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. is established as wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- The company acquires development studio Naughty Dog, Inc.
Jan 22, 2001:
- The company acquires Red Zone Interactive, Inc., renames it SCEA Sports Studio - Red Zone and adds it to the 989 Sports label.
Apr 01, 2016:
- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is renamed to Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC following the reorganization of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Sony Network Entertainment International into Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, which is also based in San Mateo, CA.