- Sony Computer Entertainment of America established in Foster City - California, United States of America.
- Sony Imagesoft merges with the product development branch of the company, forming Sony Interactive Studios America.
Jan 02, 1997:
- Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. is established as wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- The company acquires development studio Naughty Dog, Inc.
Jan 22, 2001:
- The company acquires Red Zone Interactive, Inc., renames it SCEA Sports Studio - Red Zone and adds it to the 989 Sports label.