Nov 01, 1983:
- Company was incorporated as a computer software publishing company specializing in graphics.
- They began business, co-founded by Phillip Adam, who served as President until Dec. 1990.
- SPHERE, INC. was formed with the merger of Spectrum HoloByte and Nexa Corporation.
- The company enters into an Affiliate Label relationship to distribute the products of Domark Software.
- Acquired MicroProse.
- The company acquires SimTex Inc.
- The company partners with FASA Corporation in a multiyear, multifaceted agreement, which included development, publishing and distribution rights for interactive titles for personal computers and next generation machines.
- Consolidated all of its products under the MicroProse banner.
Oct 15, 1996:
- The company signs an agreement with Sony Signatures Film and Television Licensing to develop several games based on the movie Starship Troopers.
- The merged company is acquired by Hasbro Interactive.
- The development studio in Alameda is closed.