OverviewBased in the Suginami ward of Tokyo, Japan, Starfish was established in 1993 by former Hot-B staff following that company's bankruptcy earlier that year. Much of the development staff moved over, and the company acquired the rights to Hot-B's entire catalog. They have produced new entries and ports from several of these properties, most notably the Black Bass series of fishing games.
In 2004, the company was split into several specialized subsidiary companies. Starfish Inc. is now the holding company, while operations are handled by several subsidiaries:
- Starfish-SD Inc. -- the sales and distribution arm, also responsible for publishing and licensing.
- Starfish Kaihatsu Ltd. -- the development arm, responsible for core development of all Starfish titles.
- Starfish Mobile Inc. -- the mobile software arm, naturally responsible for mobile phone titles.
- Cromwell Inc. -- another development division, which focuses on visual novel titles.
The company is headed by Terutaka Takahashi.
There is no trivia on file. If you have any interesting trivia about this company, please add it.
- Starfish Inc. -- The Official homepage