- Team 17 is created from 17Bit Software, by a group of lovers of the Amiga computer.
- At an Amiga show, Team 17 meet Andy Davidson, who shows them an early demo of Worms. After 2 minutes they offer to publish it, much to Davidson's shock, and the game eventually becomes one of the biggest multi-format successes of all time, helping to move Team 17 beyond the soon-to-decline Amiga market.
- Team 17 is awarded the "software-house of the year" award, along with Electronic Arts.
- Team 17 moves to its current offices, dubbed "Osset Headquarters" in the West Yorkshire.
- Company signs two year distribution & publishing deal with OCEAN in August. Deal expands Team 17's ability to cross platforms and provides finances for long-term expansion, which would take approx. 18 months & practically revolutionize the company.
Oct 14, 1996:
- Peter Hickman ex Virgin Senior producer joins Team 17's Development department as Development Manager.
Jun 10, 1997:
- MicroProse sign world-wide publishing and distribution deal with Team 17.