- Company originally founded as Trinity Acquisition Corporation.
- Trinity Acquisition Corporation merges with Toy Head-Quarters to form T*HQ, later renamed as THQ.
- The company enters the market of video games.
- The company acquires GameFX Technology.
- The company acquires game development studio Volition, along with the matchmaking service PXO.
Nov 07, 2001:
- The company acquires Rainbow Studios.
Apr 04, 2002:
- The company acquires development studio Outrage Entertainment and renames it Outrage Games.
- The company founds THQ Studio Australia as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
Apr 29, 2004:
- THQ acquires Relic Entertainment
Oct 19, 2004:
- World Wrestling Entertainment files suit against the WWE license holders THQ (games) and JAKKS Pacific (toys) for obtaining the license, which lasts until 2009, through a commercial bribery scheme.
Nov 18, 2004:
- The company acquires developer Blue Tongue.
Feb 01, 2005:
- Alex Garden, Relic Entertainment's founder and Director of Product Development after the acquisition by THQ, leaves the publisher to work on other unnamed projects.
Feb 03, 2006:
- The company announces the opening of the new development entity Kaos Studios, founded by veterans of Trauma Studios.
Feb 27, 2006:
- The company announces to open a sales and marketing office in Copenhagen, Denmark, in order to cover all of Scandinavia.
Mar 03, 2006:
- The company acquires Juice Games Ltd.
Mar 17, 2006:
- The company acquires Vigil Games.
Jul 25, 2006:
- The company acquires Paradigm Entertainment Inc.
- The company acquires Mass Media, Inc.
- The company acquires the Finland-based mobile development studio Universomo Ltd. and makes it a part of the THQ Wireless Inc. division.
Jan 14, 2008:
- The company acquires developer Big Huge Games.
Apr 01, 2008:
- The company announces the acquisition of casual games publisher Elephant Entertainment, LLC.
Aug 07, 2008:
- The company announces to open a new headquarters in Shanghai, China.
- The company closes five development studios: Helixe, Sandblast Games, Locomotive Games, Mass Media and Paradigm Entertainment.
Aug 10, 2009:
- It is reported the company has acquired the development studio Midway Studios - San Diego.
Dec 04, 2009:
- The company announces to open a new division in Montreal, responsible for product development, R&D, art and content development, as well as QA and localisation.
Feb 04, 2010: