Touchdown Entertainment, Inc.
OverviewThe company was founded as LithTech, Inc. in February 2000 as a subsidiary of Monolith Productions, Inc. to handle the development and sales of the LithTech 3d engine that was first introduced in the 1998 game Shogo: Mobile Armor Division.
The engine technology was developed in close cooperation with Microsoft. Starting with the 1.0 version, the company went on to create different commercial versions of the engine which could be licensed. In March 2003 it was announced the company name would be changed to Touchdown Entertainment, Inc. as the studio announced to expand its development to console engines with a new 3d engine called Copperhead. Previously, their Jupiter engine was already ported to the Xbox platform as well.
The different versions of the game engine are:
- 3D Engine: Lithtech 1.0 (as LithTech, Inc.)
- 3D Engine: Lithtech Talon (as LithTech, Inc.)
- 3D Engine: Lithtech Jupiter (as LithTech, Inc.)
- 3D Engine: Lithtech Jupiter EX (as Touchdown Entertainment, Inc.)
Also Known As
- LithTech, Inc. (from Feb, 2000 to Mar, 2003)