Ubisoft Entertainment SAHistorical Events
- A UK office is established in North Finchley.
- The company sets up an office in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Ubi Soft acquires American developers Red Storm Entertainment.
- Ubi Soft acquires German developers / publishers Blue Byte.
Mar 21, 2001:
- The company acquires Gamebusters (added to the German office) and sets up a new team in Austria.
Jul 23, 2003:
Feb 25, 2004:
- UbiSoft announce that they have no more interest to publish Monolith's MMORPG: The Matrix Online.
Mar 01, 2004:
- UbiSoft acquires Wolfpack Studios
Feb 11, 2005:
- The company sets up the Ubisoft Campus in Montreal, a training institute to offer programs in key videogame development fields at college and university levels.
Mar 02, 2005:
Apr 11, 2005:
- The company sets up a new development studio in Quebec City, Canada.
Feb 07, 2006:
- The company announces the opening of a new sales office in Dallas, Texas. Ana Raphael and Linda Reese, directors of sales at Ubisoft, spearhead the sales operations.
Mar 24, 2006:
- A $5M class action lawsuit is filed against the company for using the controversial Starforce DRM to protect their games against copying. It states that Starforce DRM can compromise Windows operating systems’ security and that users receive no notice that removing Starforce DRM is necessary to prevent possible security compromises on their computer systems. Also, removal of a Starforce Title does not always remove Starforce DRM software.
Jun 29, 2006:
- The company establishes a new development studio in Sofia, Bulgaria, led by Alexandru-Ion Radu.
Jul 13, 2006:
May 21, 2007:
- The company announces to expand its casual video game business. Ubisoft has made significant investments and formed an internal development structure dedicated to the creation of games for everyone. The division is led by Pauline Jacquey.
Sep 17, 2007:
Apr 15, 2008:
Apr 29, 2008:
- The company announces the formation of the Ubisoft Kiev development division.
Jun 19, 2008:
- The company announces to launch a range of Wii exclusive party-games under a new label: PLAY ZONE.
Jun 24, 2008:
- The company announces a new production studio Ubisoft Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It was opened in July 2006.
Jul 08, 2008:
- The company announces the acquisition of Hybride Technologies, a Montreal-based studio renowned for its expertise in the creation of visual effects for cinema, television and advertising.
Aug 20, 2008:
- The company announces to open a new office in Warsaw, Poland, to manage Ubisoft's business relations in Poland and throughout Eastern Europe.
Nov 10, 2008:
Jan 20, 2009:
Feb 03, 2009:
Jul 07, 2009:
- The company announces to open a fourth Canadian development studio, Ubisoft Toronto, in late 2009.
Oct 05, 2009:
- The company announces to have acquired the French development studio Nadeo.
Company history contributed by Corn Popper (69582)
, Sciere (205672)
, Kabushi (104484)
, Roedie (5234)
and Jeanne (75620)