Developer BiographyNick Lee has worked in the games industry since he left college in 1993. He always enjoyed playing games, and had done some of his own graphics before he was ‘lucky’ enough to meet some chaps in a pub who worked for System3. He got a job there as a trainee artist, where he learned all the necessary skills as a games artist. Since then, he has worked for many different companies, developing a wide range of games across an extensive range of platforms.
Although he specializes in every aspect of 2D artwork, including sprites, animation, background gfx and map making, he is also experienced in game design, 3D modelling and texturing, and certain elements of coding. The last years he has worked freelance.
- 1993-1999: System 3 – 2D art/animation using dpaint and anipro. 3D art/animation using 3DStudio 4. He worked on several types of game here from traditional platformers, to arcade beat em ups and PC based strategy games.
- 1999-2000 : Argonaut - 2D art/animation using anipro. 3D art/animation using 3DS Max 3. Worked on Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, a platformer for GBC, based on their PSX hit, and was lead on Reddog for Dreamcast, a 3-D driving shooting game
- 2000: Bitz Software - Freelanced doing 2D artwork for Jet Force Gemini on GBC, a ¾ angle top-down platform/shooter, based on the N64 original
- 2000: Ideaworks - Freelanced creating Oggy and Genome, both original titles for the companies first ever game releases. Oggy was atraditional, cute platformer, and Genome, a top down shooter. Also created the GUI for their renowned Vecta3d software
- 2001: GlobalFun - Freelanced creating Rollerboy 2, an original sequel to one of their flagship platform games
- 2001: Hotgen - Freelanced work drawing and building the isometric, semi 3D background maps for Star Wars: Episode I - Jedi Power Battles
- 2001: Eurocom - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on GBA
- 2002: Hotgen - Freelanced, creating the background graphics and maps for Matt Hoffman’s Pro BMX 2 on GBA, based on the PS2 original
- 2002: Infinite Lives: spent nearly a year year developing an original PS2 title, creating a AAA title, before getting massively stitched up and losing everything!
- 2003: Thalamus – Reworked his original SNES graphics for PS2 port
- 2003: Nice Games and Podfun - set up Nice Games with a partner, and started to design/ create original games for mobile phones. Games include Cleo, Hannibal and SAS: Going Commando. Also has several other live projects in various states of development.
- 2003: Ideaworks - Freelanced 2d work porting over The Sims: Bustin' Out GBA, over to Nokia N-gage. Also created new content/design etc. Also worked on preliminary artwork for another original Ideaworks title: System Rush, a 3D racer
- 2004: Razorback - Freelanced work creating/designing the background maps for LEGO: Knight’s Kingdom, on GBA
- 2004: IndiaGames - designed and created overhead arcade adventure Jurassic Park for mobile phones
- 2004-2005: Freelance work designed/creating series of mobile phone games for Play It Mobile, a wide variety of games including 1945, America’s 10 Most Wanted, Rainbow Islands for mobile
- 2005: Ideaworks3d - Freelance work doing entire GFX for The Sims 2 Lite
Contributed by Sciere (268247) on Jul 11, 2006.