Alfred Tan joined Microsoft Games Studios in 2000 as a Product Planner in the Racing Games Studios. He was instrumental in setting up the Racing Portfolio for Xbox's launch as the primary Business Development person on titles such as Project Gotham Racing, Midtown Madness, Rallisport Challenge and others.
Alf later joined MGS-Publishing where he helped drive its portfolio strategy and was the Business Lead for Gears of War, Counter Strike and the PGR Franchise.
He took a year off games in 2004 and went to a skunk works team on Windows where he successfully created a new product category and was awarded a patent for Microsoft's Smart Personal Objects.
In 2008, Alf was assigned to Shanghai to start up Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business in China. He built a local team to produce games for the Chinese market, worked with the Chinese Government and a local partners to bring Microsoft platforms to the market.
He returned to the US in 2011 and is currently Director of Strategy and Business Development for Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Business.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Kinectimals (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Lost Odyssey (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Project Gotham Racing 4 (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Blue Dragon (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War (Limited Collector's Edition) (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- RalliSport Challenge 2 (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Half-Life: Counter-Strike (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Midtown Madness 3 (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Monster Truck Madness (2003), THQ Inc.
- Project Gotham Racing 2 (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- RalliSport Challenge (2002), Microsoft Game Studios