Currently working as a senior special effects programmer for Eutechnyx
and living in the wilds of the north east of England, Andy Buck has worked in the games industry since 2000.
Since then he's worked on the following games.
- F1 World Grand Prix - Eidos
- Big Mutha Truckers - Empire Interactive
- Street Racing Syndicate - Namco
- Big Mutha Trackers 2 - THQ
- Ford Vs Chevy - 2K Games
- Cartoon Network Racing - The Game Factory
- Hot Wheels 'beat That' - Activision
- Pimp My Ride - Activision
- Ferrari Challenge - System 3
Initially working in a small team creating AI and frontend systems Andy has since had a role in most areas of game production; from coding to managing programming teams, working on design documents and creating art assets.
For several projects now Andy has settled into the role of creator of procedural special effects for Eutechnyx. Creating Everything from simple sparkles and explosions through to flocks of birds, rain systems and procedural atmospheric models. Capable as an artist and experienced and as programmer, Andy works on every aspect of an effect from it's inception as an idea, through the creation of assets to mathematically describing and coding the final result.
Outside work, Andy is an avid Artist, Swordsman, Board game Creator, Table top Role-player and Puzzle collector.
His art can be found on his website (amongst other places around the internet) and his efforts in the industry can be found in over 5,000,000 units of sold games.
- Arbonox -- personal website as of 2010.