Kain Shin entered the gaming industry in 2000 as a programmer on the Microsoft
/Bicycle Casino (PC) line of products developed by Compulsive Development
and Glass Eye Entertainment
. He then went on to join the team at Ion Storm
to work on Deus Ex: Invisible War
(PC/Xbox) and Thief: Deadly Shadows
(PC/Xbox). He spent a short time at TKO Software
working on the N-Gage 2.5 SDK. Kain was a senior programmer at Breakaway Games'
Austin studio working on both console and PC projects. He was Lead Programmer on Mushroom Men for the Wii, which was developed by Red Fly Studio
Kain is currently a senior gameplay programmer working on an unannounced project in the Austin office of Arkane Studios
- ringofblades.net -- Personal Collection of Kain's Lectures, Presentations, and Journals
- IGDA Profile Page -- If you must initiate first contact, you can do so through here.
- Dishonored (2012), Bethesda Softworks LLC
- Waking Mars (2012), Tiger Style LLC
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009), Atari, Inc.
- Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (2008), SouthPeak Interactive Corporation
- Thief: Deadly Shadows (2004), Eidos, Inc.
- Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003), Eidos, Inc.
- Bicycle Casino Games (2001), Microsoft Corporation