Adam Maxwell has well over a decade of experience in the game industry, having started as a QA tester when he was 15 years old, and still in school, for a technical pilot program project at a school in Orange County, California.
Since then he has gone on to work as a QA tester and assistant producer at Blizzard Entertainment
, working on the popular Warcraft
games and sequels. After that he left Blizzard to work as a game designer at Redline Games
, where his career really took off.
From Redline he moved on to Kronos Digital
where he helped them ship the acclaimed action/adventure game Fear Effect
as a game designer. Since those early days Adam has served as lead designer and/or producer for several Xbox titles (including a second wave launch title) and the PC physics based MMO Auto Assault
, where he was lead content designer for the mutant faction.
His work on Auto Assault
was formative to the feel, style and core mechanics of that innovative title, work he is immensely proud of to this day.
Also Known As
- Blog -- The developer's personal blog is maintained on Dopass.com.
- RIFT (2011), Trion World Network, Inc.
- Auto Assault (2006), NCsoft - North America
- Nightcaster II: Equinox (2002), Jaleco Entertainment, Inc.
- Nightcaster: Defeat the Darkness (2001), Microsoft Corporation
- Fear Effect (2000), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- StarCraft (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- StarCraft (Demo Version) (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (1995), Blizzard Entertainment Europe
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (Demo Version) (1995), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- WarCraft: Orcs & Humans (1995), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.