Richard Rouse III
During his time in game development Richard Rouse III has served as Lead Designer and Writer on a wide variety of games, including the Macintosh RPG Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis
, the action/strategy hybrid Damage Incorporated
, the classic arcade game remake Centipede 3D
, and the action/horror title The Suffering
. He also contributed to the action/RPG Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
, and served as Creative Director on The Suffering: Ties That Bind
Rouse has written extensively on game design for publications including Game Developer, SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, Develop, Gamasutra, and Inside Mac Games. Rouse's popular and sizable book about game design and development titled Game Design: Theory & Practice
was released in 2001 and was followed by an expanded second edition in 2004. Rouse is currently a Creative Director at Midway Games
Also Known As
- Vessel (2012), indiePub Games
- Waking Mars (2012), Tiger Style LLC
- Homefront (2011), THQ Inc.
- Wheelman (2009), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc., Ubisoft, Inc.
- BlackSite: Area 51 (2007), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- John Woo presents Stranglehold (2007), Midway Games, Inc.
- Sam & Max Episode 3: The Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball (2007), GameTap LLC
- Sam & Max Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die! (2007), GameTap LLC
- Sam & Max Episode 5: Reality 2.0 (2007), GameTap LLC
- Sam & Max Episode 6: Bright Side of the Moon (2007), GameTap LLC
- Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (2005), Midway Games, Inc.
- The Suffering: Ties That Bind (2005), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- The Suffering (2004), Midway Games Ltd.
- Drakan: The Ancients' Gates (2002), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Strange Adventures in Infinite Space (2002), Cheapass Games
- Centipede (1998), Hasbro Interactive, Inc.
- Damage Incorporated (1998), WizardWorks Software
- Bumbler Bee-Luxe (1997), Dadgum Games