Rex Dickson is a 13 year veteran of the game industry with multiple million+ selling titles as a lead designer.
Rex got his start working for Acclaim Entertainment on Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for the Nintendo 64.
Rex went on to serve as lead designer and producer on the PC action RPG ‘Revenant’ developed by Cinematix Studios and published by Eidos Entertainment in 1999. Following Revenant, Rex went on to re-join Acclaim, this time working for the Austin studio as an assistant lead designer on ‘Turok Evolution’. He then joined ‘The Collective’ where he worked as lead designer on two unreleased titles ‘Career Criminal’ and ‘Indiana Jones Trilogy’.
Rex went on to join Electronic Arts Los Angeles and the Medal of Honor team. He served as a lead designer on ‘Medal of Honor: European Assault’ and ‘Medal of Honor Airborne’. He also served as a senior designer/producer on the franchise reboot ‘Medal of Honor’ which shipped the in fall of 2010. Rex then joined Kaos Studios and THQ as lead mission/level designer on ‘Homefront’. Rex went on to serve as the design director for THQ Studio Oz in Brisbane, Australia working on 'The Avengers' movie licensed title. This project was cancelled by THQ in the summer of 2011.
Rex is now the creative director for core gameplay with EA Sports football group at Tiburon (Madden/NCAA Football). He currently resides in Orlando, Florida.
Rex has lectured on game design at the University for Advancing Computer Technology, the University of Southern California, the Art Institute of San Diego/Los Angeles and Marist College. Rex has also taught several semesters of game design at the Otis Art Institute in Los Angeles.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Homefront (2011), THQ Inc.
- Medal of Honor (2010), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (2008), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Medal of Honor: Airborne (2007), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Medal of Honor: European Assault (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Turok: Evolution (2002), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Revenant (1999), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (1997), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- DragonHeart: Fire & Steel (1996), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.