Michael Salvatori has had a successful career writing and producing music for many television, radio and film projects. Since 1997, he has been creating music and sound design for a wide variety of video games, including Riven: The Sequel to Myst
, Myth: The Fallen Lords
, Myth 2: Soulblighter
, Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator
, Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
, Hail to the Chimp
, and Disney’s Guilty Party
Michael and co-writer Martin O'Donnell
are best known for the music they have written for the Halo video game series
. These games have won numerous awards, including Rolling Stone Magazine’s Best Soundtrack of 2002 for Halo: Combat Evolved
, while Halo 2, Vol. 1
has sold more than any other game soundtrack. In 2008, the Halo 3
soundtrack debuted at #100 on the Billboard charts, a rarity for a video game soundtrack, while the one for Halo 3: ODST
won the 2009 VGA award for best original soundtrack. Most recently, Michael has written music for Disney’s Guilty Party
, which was released August 31, 2010, and Halo: Reach
, which was released September 14th, 2010.
Mike is also in demand as an audio mixer, and has worked on many high-profile projects, including the Chicago Symphony’s popular Beyond the Score programs. Mike is married, has 4 daughters, and lives in the Chicago area.
Also Known As
- Halo 4 (2012), Microsoft Studios
- Disney Guilty Party (2010), Disney Interactive Studios
- Halo: Reach (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3: ODST (2009), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3 (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo Zero (2005), Dobermann Software
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (2005), Aspyr Media, Inc.
- Halo 2 (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo: Combat Evolved (2001), Microsoft Corporation
- Oni (2001), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator (1999), Monolith Productions, Inc.
- Myth II: Soulblighter (1998), Bungie Software Products Corporation
- Myth: The Fallen Lords (1997), Eidos, Inc.
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst (1997), Red Orb Entertainment