Developer BIOMichael Salvatori has had a successful career writing and producing music for many television, radio and film projects. Since 1997, he has been creating music and sound design for a wide variety of video games, including Riven: The Sequel to Myst, Myth: The Fallen Lords, Myth 2: Soulblighter, Oni, Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator, Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse, Hail to the Chimp, and Disney’s Guilty Party.
Michael and co-writer Martin O'Donnell are best known for the music they have written for the Halo video game series. These games have won numerous awards, including Rolling Stone Magazine’s Best Soundtrack of 2002 for Halo: Combat Evolved, while Halo 2, Vol. 1 has sold more than any other game soundtrack. In 2008, the Halo 3 soundtrack debuted at #100 on the Billboard charts, a rarity for a video game soundtrack, while the one for Halo 3: ODST won the 2009 VGA award for best original soundtrack. Most recently, Michael has written music for Disney’s Guilty Party, which was released August 31, 2010, and Halo: Reach, which was released September 14th, 2010.
Mike is also in demand as an audio mixer, and has worked on many high-profile projects, including the Chicago Symphony’s popular Beyond the Score programs. Mike is married, has 4 daughters, and lives in the Chicago area.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Mike Salvatori
- Halo 4 (2012), Microsoft Studios
- Disney Guilty Party (2010), Disney Interactive Studios
- Halo: Reach (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3: ODST (2009), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3 (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo Zero (2005), Dobermann Software
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (2005), Aspyr Media, Inc.
- Halo 2 (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo: Combat Evolved (2001), Microsoft Corporation
- Oni (2001), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator (1999), Monolith Productions, Inc.
- Myth II: Soulblighter (1998), Bungie Software Products Corporation
- Myth: The Fallen Lords (1997), Eidos, Inc.
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst (1997), Red Orb Entertainment