Rick Porter: a gamer living a gamer’s dream. Fascinated with game mechanics from a young age, he got his start with pen and paper RPGs, C64 Basic and Bard’s Tale Construction Kit.
Later he studied art at Portland Community College at home in Oregon and then moved on to computer science at DeVry in Chicago. He completed a few C++ hobby projects and Unreal mods but it took several years and meeting the right people to actually find his way into the industry.
He credits friends at Raven Software for giving him a first taste of professional game development on Quake 4. After shipping Marvel Ultimate Alliance, he started doing some freelance XNA work and eventually decided to back to school. In 2009 he received a Master’s Degree specializing in video game design from the SMU Guildhall.
In 2009 he found a home at Gearbox Software as a level designer on Brothers in Arms: Furious Four.
In 2011 after completing an in-house tech prototype, he began working as a designer on Borderlands 2.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Borderlands 2 (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- Duke Nukem Forever (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Special Edition) (2007), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance (2006), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific (2002), Matrix Games, Ltd.
- Crusader: No Regret (1996), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.