Developer BIORichard started in the industry in the early 80's working as a freelance programmer on many 8-bit games. After forming professional relationships with some of the major publishers of the day, he eventually joined Elite Systems' in-house team in 1987. After nearly two years there, he left with three other like-minded individuals to found 'Arc Developments which went on to produce many acclaimed licensed, original and coin-op conversions on a plethora of platforms until it closed its doors in 1997.
Richard moved to a pure Production focused role at Psygnosis' Camden Town studio in 1997, before moving on to a short stint at Climax as a hand-held programmer.
Joining Kuju in 2001, Richard rose up the ranks to Executive Producer, working on some of that company's top titles from the Surrey studio. Richard's final game for Kuju was the acclaimed Geometry Wars Galaxies on Wii and DS, during which he helped set up the new doublesix studio formed from the old Kuju Surrey group.
Having left Kuju in early 2008, Richard went on to work as Executive Producer at Empire Interactive until its dissolution. In July 2009 it was announced he had joined the newly-established Zoo Entertainment Europe Limited as the Development Manager.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Rich Underhill
- Who is Richard Underhill?) -- Homepage of Richard Underhill with links to blog, bio, social networking links and other interesting facts...
- All Zombies Must Die! (2011), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Burn, Zombie Burn! (2009), doublesix
- The House of the Dead: Overkill (2009), SEGA Europe Ltd.
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies (2007), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Call of Duty: Finest Hour (2004), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (2003), THQ Inc.
- Reign of Fire (2002), BAM! Entertainment, Inc.
- AirForce Delta (2000), Konami of America, Inc.
- Johnny Bazookatone (1996), U.S. Gold Ltd.
- Nick Faldo's Championship Golf (1993), Grandslam Video Ltd.
- Syndicate (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Syndicate: American Revolt (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants (1991), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., Ocean Software Ltd.
- Pang (1990), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Mike Read's Computer Pop Quiz (1989), Elite Systems Ltd.
- Overlander (1988), Elite Systems Ltd.