If you have a portrait of this person, you can upload it to the MobyGames database.
Sjoerd de Jong
Developer BIOSjoerd "Hourences" De Jong, a level and environment designer, has worked on numerous games in either freelance or permanent positions.
Those games include: Shellshock Nam '67 (Guerrilla Games), Killzone (Guerrilla Games), Unreal Tournament 2004 (Epic Games), Warpath (Digital Extremes) and The Chronicles of Spellborn (Khaeon). For Epic Games he created some of the best known levels in the world such as ONS Torlan and DM Rankin, both also featured in the UT2004 demo.
His career originated in the Unreal mod community where he helped create several large mods including Operation Na Pali, Xidia Gold, Jailbreak, and Residual Decay. He has created dozens of custom stand-alone levels for the community which have received many awards; including several prizes in the very large one million dollar "MakeSomeThingUnreal" contest.
In addition, he is also an active member of the level design scene often seen helping out on irc help channels and community forums as well as running some websites.
He is also the author of the book "The Hows and Whys of Level Design".
- Hourences' Portfolio/News/Tutorials Site) -- Full portfolio and resume, a news page and a subsite dedicated to his tutorials and book.
- Syndicate (2012), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Unmechanical (2012), Teotl Studios
- The Ball (2010), Tripwire Interactive, LLC
- Fairytale Fights (2009), Playlogic Entertainment, Inc.
- The Chronicles of Spellborn (2008), Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
- Killzone (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Shellshock: Nam '67 (2004), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004), Atari, Inc.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (DVD Special Edition) (2004), Atari, Inc.
- Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition (2004), Atari, Inc.