Aaron Barber is currently employed by Valve
as a Game Designer and Animator.
After briefly studying music at the University of Oregon, Aaron left school to work as a full-time musician. Playing drums and percussion steadily for about 6 years, he quickly tired of all the travel. His music career brought him to California where he ended up going back to school to study Engineering and Computer Science at UCLA. During his Senior year, he got a job in the UCLA Medical Center developing websites, building virtual worlds, and displaying medical data in 3d using VRML and Java.
At that same time, he became obsessed with playing games and building levels for Duke Nukem
. During late night hours, he built many popular single-player levels and worked with several Internet groups doing mods. His late night hobby turned into a career overnight when he accepted a job at Xatrix Entertainment
, working on titles such as the Redneck Rampage
series, Quake 2
mission pack, and Kingpin
Upon joining Valve in 1999, Aaron returns home to the Northwest where he currently attends architecture and design classes in his spare time.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012), Valve Corporation
- Portal 2 (2011), Valve Corporation
- Alien Swarm (2010), Valve Corporation
- Left 4 Dead 2 (2009), Akella
- Left 4 Dead (2008), Valve Corporation
- Portal: Still Alive (2008), Valve Corporation
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (2007), Buka Entertainment
- The Orange Box (2007), Valve Corporation
- Portal (2007), Buka Entertainment
- Half-Life 2: Episode One (2006), Valve Corporation
- Counter-Strike: Source (2004), Valve Corporation
- Half-Life 2 (2004), Valve Corporation
- Half-Life (2001), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Half-Life: Blue Shift (2001), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Kingpin: Life of Crime (1999), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998), Activision, Inc.
- Redneck Rampage Rides Again (1998), Interplay Productions Ltd.