Frank has worked extensively in the entertainment field for over 30 years. He has experience in the software, games, comic and commercial art markets as a 2D production artist, designer, art director, writer, editor and creative director.
1976 - Continuity Studios in Manhattan was the official start of Frank's career in art. Owned and managed by notable comic art illustrators Neal Adams and Dick Giordano, his assignments during this period included illustration in advertising and comic art, storyboards, animatics, coloring and writing.
1977-1994 - After working in New York City for the better part of 1976, he returned to California and founded Horizon Zero Graphiques with long time friend and associate, Gary Winnick. HZG provided both commercial and fine art resources to a wide range of clients and established a proud reputation of quality work in the industry. These formative years were the foundation that Lightsource Studios would later build upon.
1983-1989 - Most of Frank's notable comics work was published during these years including the Alien Legion for Marvel Comics Epic division, Defenders of Dynatron City, Samurai Cat, Buck Rogers and Suburban High Life.
1994 – 1995 - Frank took a position as an art director/production designer with Rocket Science Games
. Among many other duties, art directed and co-created the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs Sega CD along with David Fox
. Concepted and developed numerous other (unpublished) titles during this period at Rocket Science.
1996 - Frank re-teamed with former partner Gary Winnick
to found Lightsource Studios
. Together they have forged Lightsource into a premier art design and production house. Partial client list includes: Yahoo!, Dreamworks, Microsoft, Mattel, Pacific Data Images, Lucasfilm Games, Electronic Arts, LeapFrog, Adobe Systems and Universal Studios.
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm (1995), Rocket Science Games, Inc.
- Shannara (1995), Legend Entertainment Company
- Bubsy in: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind (1993), Accolade, Inc.
- Mutant League Football (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Manhole: New and Enhanced (1992), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Breakers (1986), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Tag Team Wrestling (1986), Data East Corporation
- Commando (1985), Elite Systems Ltd.
- Forbidden Quest (1983), Pryority Software
- Yars' Revenge (1981), Atari, Inc.